Intro to the Tib Bar Tibialis Raise
In our previous post we discussed 4 variations of the Tibialis Raise exercise to train Tibialis muscles and combat Tibialis Anterior pain.
Today, we will cover in detail how to perform Tibialis Raises with a Tib Bar, and provide some pro tips! The Tib Bar (also called Tibialis Trainer) is a great tool to train Tibialis Anterior and other Tibialis muscles for 3 key reasons:
- Provides base stability to focus on Tibialis Anterior versus other feet muscles
- Allows for a full range-of-motion and loaded stretch, which is the best way to develop long-lasting strength
- Enables fine-tuned weight progression (e.g. 0.25-0.5 kgs) versus large and inconsistent jumps, as with kettlebells and bands
Basic tips for using the Tib Bar
- Wear shoes when using the Tib Bar.
- As a beginner, use small weights (1-10 kg) -- the Tibialis Anterior is a small muscle. You can even start with the empty bar.
- Always ensure that the clip is properly placed and in locked position. Dropping weights hurts the floor and don't give you gains!
How to perform Tib Bar Tibialis raises
- Load up the Tib Bar with an appropriate amount of weight.
- Attach the clip and move it to locked position.
- Sit on a bench or couch with your feet hanging over the edge. Place feet in the Tib Bar.
- With controlled motion, pull your toes towards your knees and hold for 1 second.
- With controlled motion, return your feet to starting position. Stay in the stretched bottom position for 1 second.
Tib Bar Bros' recommended Tibialis Training Plan for beginners
- Frequency: Incorporate Tibialis training 2-3x per week at the end of your workout.
- Reps & sets: Each session, you can do 1-2 exercises with 15-20 repetitions with 1-2 sets per exercises.
- Weight: Use a weight that safely challenges your Tibialis -- never work through pain! Yes, that probably means starting with 2.5kg. The Tib Bar is VERY humbling.
- Form: Ensure you get a strong contraction when you point your foot towards your knees. Also ensure a deep stretch when pointing your feet away from you.
We provide the best-rated Tib Bars in Europe, with hundreds of happy customers in over 15 countries. Our customers are at-home gym enthusiasts, bodybuilders, ATG practitioners, coaches, physical therapists & PT clinics, Crossfit boxes!
Check out what others have said about our Tib Bars -- when you're interested, grab one and get ready for gains + PRs!